the '#darkfall mods are useless power hungry cunts' thread

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

senji

Post by senji »

HoCs

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

(14:30:33) * Connect retry #117 irc.stratics.com (6667) (dns pool)
(14:30:33) -irc.glowfish.de- *** Looking up your hostname...
(14:30:33) -irc.glowfish.de- *** Checking Ident
(14:30:33) -irc.glowfish.de- *** Found your hostname
(14:31:12) -irc.glowfish.de- *** No Ident response
(14:31:13) —› raw 465: You have been Autokilled.
(14:31:13) -irc.glowfish.de- *** You are not welcome on this network.
(14:31:13) -irc.glowfish.de- *** Autokilled for Bye! (2008/11/14 18.56)

=((((
Down with Scotland

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

:effort:
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

lol Senj.

Is anyone still banned? Lets just move to another server if so.

Petra

Post by Petra »

Somebody please contact Brannoc. He's looking into it.
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.jones27/PetraPiper.jpg[/img]
Barian's Mall, Yewdale
Coordinates: 57° 7' N, 25° 22' W (Tram)
Molly Fyde's Emporium, Moonglow Gate, Siege Perilous

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I just tried reconnecting

(08:48:36) -stratics.frws.com- *** You are not welcome on this network.
(08:48:36) -stratics.frws.com- *** Autokilled for Bye! (2008/11/14 10.56)

nearly 2 days after I was K-lined for one of 2 reasons, not sure which
- Having the nickname 'Villain' (because Villa is banned, gg banning by association)
- Asking if the DF beta NDA meant there was really no beta..

Nixon got klined for sending a pm that said 'Love you' to I think sprite? He wasn't even in teh darkfall channel at the time.

Senji got k-lined for having the nickname Villaisbestuopkever or something like that.

None of which even deserve a ban, never mind a k-line which keeps us from using the channel we've used for over 6 years now. We spoke to Venom/DH and he said he had it sorted, but clearly not if we can't reconnect, I know nix was having problems last night too.

The mods in #darkfall need to stop being so high and mighty and loosen up a bit. Venom suggested that I got k-lined because they were fed up of questions about beta and my one tipped them over the edge, what's that all about?

We've moved to qnet now, so long startics, thanks for all the k-lines :/
Down with Scotland

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I was initially banned about 2 years ago or something for posting a link to something dubious - which is fair enough np.
However, that ban was never lifted as Sprite stated he would lift it when he felt he was ready to let me back in to his channel. This is where you have to start wondering about people bending rules into personal crusades.
This ban was cleared by Brannoc I believe back in August when everyone's bans were cleared from forums and irc due to imminent beta release (lol?).
However I noticed Sprite didn't seem particularly happy about my presence in 'his' channel, dropping the occassional hint about how easy it is to get rebanned again.

Then I was banned a week ago or so for saying something about spiders.
Something completely random - though Sprite apparently has been telling people I was making racist comments, yet I have yet to be presented with evidence of these alleged comments.
Someone (presumably Brannoc?) cleared that ban again, but Sprite decided to reinstate it a couple of days ago for no apparent reason (I think the message given is posted somewhere else in this thread).

At that point, he started k-lining anyone who even appeared to be connected with me in any form. Apart from Fatal, Senji and Nixon, I understand 2 other randoms got banned from that channel at the same time for saying stuff that was negative about my banning and the subsequent k-lining of people with names similar to mine.

Bottom line - Sprite is a self-important cunt who appears to have replaced the official rules of conduct with his own vision of what is and isn't allowed.
If it were his own personal irc channel then fair enough, but when it is the official irc channel of a game where he is supposed to be enforcing a standard and written set of rules, then this is a genuine concern.
I believe this is known as egomania and despotism.

If/when darkfall is released, no one will really bother with that channel anymore (as it is mostly full of fanbois asking for beta release date), so his days of being a biased piece of shit will be over soon enough anyway.

End of long story.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Also, I've linked Brannoc to this thread as he was asking for info this morning.

If you ARE reading this Brannoc, you can see where we haven't editted or toned anything down in this thread - it's all truth and FAKT^^

We've started our migration to quakenet, as we can't be dealing with a network where one biased op (Sprite) can make it where we can't even use our own irc channel just for being guilty by association.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

oh and brannoc isn't necessarily covered by the generalisation of thread topic^^
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Fatalist wrote:pls let me into beta

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

PLEASE
Down with Scotland

senji

Post by senji »

Can you play as dwarf in the expansion?

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Are Gnolls in this game

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Guys I'm level 4 already, didn't anyone else get in?
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Noxin wrote:Guys i'm updating facebook