UO AOS

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Benn

Post by Benn »

Nixon wrote:Choas
lollll

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I become more slamer-esque every day. :oops:

KoKane

Post by KoKane »

Nah AOS is very playable.
They just spilled the 'package' all over the floor when releasing it.

It was an expansion terribly delivered. I mean the unbalanced settings and the whole thing where it felt like a new game sometimes.

A lot of players who stuck it out got to see how good it could be, while others couldnt make it.

Take Legacy25 for example (OH NO NOT THE L WORD). I doubt I'd still be playing UO now if it werent for playing on an even further balanced server than one that I thought was.
I'm still on Defiance AOS and because most of the players there tried and enjoyed L25, DFI has now been changed a lot to be like it.
The only main differences are the Artifacts from Champs and Shame rewards, which will likely never be implemented at this stage.

People will quit eventually, from either too many changes they dont like, or not enough thus resulting in boredom. I guess it was inevitable.

But if you ask a lot of UOR players who stuck it out and got used to AOS in a balanced enviroment, and asked them would they go back to UOR, they'll say no.
pro at everything except being pro

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Nix you've been saying CHOAS since 2002~

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Calix wrote:Nix you've been saying CHOAS since 2002~
Why change a habit of a life time. 8)

Angus

Post by Angus »

I actually thought of playing UO a few days ago, till I read stratics and was like "God no.."
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

KoKane wrote:
But if you ask a lot of UOR players who stuck it out and got used to AOS in a balanced enviroment, and asked them would they go back to UOR, they'll say no.
That's true, but it's more becouse of statloss removal etc rather than actual PvP mechanics. Anyone that thinks AoS PvP was better than previous era's for reasons of actual PvP mechanics is a nob.

The lol usual reasoning of people defending AoS PvP:

"PVP GOT FASTER AND TOOK MORE SKILL"

Actually means:

"I SPAMMED HARM LOTS AND RAN AROUND WITH MY 10MS PING AND BLEED WEP"

I had more fun in AoS than in UOR, but it's mostly becouse Felucca was more active(despite most people disputing that), and fights could be had in dungeons, etc. Basically PvP could be PvP again rather than relying on faulty 'PvP systems' like O/C or Factions. I'd take UOR with champ spawns and no stat over AoS any day.

Actually my perfect UO would be:

Pre-notoriety patch hueing and lack of statloss, when player justice was the law.

Precast PvP ruleset, I didn't play a mage at all really during this time so maybe i'm wrong, but everyone I know that played that era says it's easily their favourite for the actual PvP mechanics, despite the era having tons of problems like statloss and shitty o/c system.

Early UO players. The naivity I guess, when people treated it like a real world. It was definetely more than a game to most people in 97-99, me included.

A better (combined) version of factions and champ spawns, including scrolls to make it work, but with 7x still being viable, as they promised.