Anyone have one of these?

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Anyone have one of these?

Post by Nixon »

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

That looks nice.
I'd be a bit worried about it being an instant thief magnet though.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

My girlfriend has one - they seem pretty smart...but it feels like a bit of a con. I admit, I haven't had a chance to look at it properly, but it looks like we need to purchase software to use some of features - which seems crazy.

Music is fine, but it would be nice if we could view videos and websites etc freely....

Will have to have a closer look tomorrow.

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

id be more tempted to try and get yourself a highend smart phone

or even an ipod touch, its smaller screen but has 90% of the same features

and how often will you really be streaming stuff from your pc to watch on it? assuming your in wifi range wont it be easier to just watch it on your pc/tv 90% of the time

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

those kinda things, are great for long commutes, regular train journeys etc. outside of that i struggle to find a use?

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Slamer I'm not buying one - we already have one.

I agree with what your saying about wifi, generally wouldn't be streaming to watch straight off, but that's not really why she has it.

She will use it at work, as she often has an hour or two of doing nothing because of the nature of her job..she does enough travel and such as well. Handy for her when she's at the gym as well. Additionally it acts a mini portable hard-drive as she can download films at mine etc store them there and watch them at friends houses.

Just seems like a pain in the ass that in order to watch mp4's etc, it requires you to purchase additional software - all be it a one off £15.

As theres videos on it, I'm sure I'll be able to convert anything I download to the same format, fine for me to do, but her...... :roll:

:lol: