Green Man

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Green Man

Post by Nixon »

Why are they changing traffic lights, so that the green man on the other side of the road, visible to all, is now in some obscure place half way down the piller?

Waste of money and a general annoyance to all. :evil:

Benn

Post by Benn »

what

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Sorry for the villa-esque post, but it's a serious question/rant. :(

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Yeah it's stupid.

Nixon what do you know about Burns nights? I'm going to one right now invited by the bank, is haggis as disgusting as everyone says?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Quite good fun - is there a dance and such as well as a meal? It's usually all very traditional, so it depends whether you like that kind of thing. I think it's one of those nights you'll either love or hate. Always tons of booze at these nights :)

I'm not a massive fan of haggis, but it's popular enough up here so can't be that bad. Haggis sausages are nice. I think the knowledge of knowing what's in Haggis put's a lot of people off.

Benn

Post by Benn »

If it's a very traditional one, then you'll be in a completely different room to the women and you'll not see them all night!

Haggis is lovely, whoever told you it was horrible probably decided that before they actually tried it :(

Angus

Post by Angus »

Wait - What?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Is this a Scottish thing?
Is that where all our tax money is being spent? on Scottish traffic lights?
Signatures broken since 2009...

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I didn't realise it was the 250th anniversary of Burns last night, explains all the TV coverage.

The food was excellent and I decided haggis was quite nice. It was very traditional so there was the Scottish dancing by some very pretty girls first of all, then the first poem about food. We had the speech for the men followed by the women's retort which was excellent. The haggis was introduced to the room led by the piper. Speech given, broadsword waved around and stuck in the haggis.

This was served up then we had an excellent main course of Scotch fillet of beef. After dessert and coffee we were invited to try some Scottish dancing. Needless to say there was lots of drink involved. I was invited by Clydesdale bank who we are currently doing some business with. It was at the Madejski stadium in Reading, and they put us up in the hotel for the night. All in all an excellent evening.

Crazily they had the actual SPL trophy on display all night without any security just standing on a table for everyone to look at and handle. I was so convinced it must be a replica to be left like that, that I didn't touch it or anything, only for us to be told later it was the real deal! The SPL being sponsored by Clydesdale of course...

Good stuff, and completely unrelated to Green men. Thanks for the info though Nix.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

lol slim, ampelman is a fucking legend
Down with Scotland

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i love Ampleman, i bought a ampleman bottle opener for some daft amount of money (i think about 8 euro's) and it was awsome, but some girl stole it :(