Something that annoys me before DF is even out

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

Something that annoys me before DF is even out

Post by Villa »

Is the mega alliances that are forming up via the clan forums section of the official site.
Typical alliances are running into membership numbers around 500 actual people each.
Yes I know I've been commenting about this kind of thing for years but it genuinely is an issue when it comes to end game.

Assuming the game is good, and we play, we won't be able to take part on the bigger political spectrum unless we associate with a larger collective.
There are many reasons for political alliances, not least is to stop our town/city from being taken over, but also if we want to get involved with taking large cities from other players or even if we want to take part in big racial faction wars.

We can of course stay as a small guild of a dozen people or so, but that may get stale after a while.
This game is modelled primarily on ShadowBane, and it was entirely possible in that game to be a small guild doing it's own thing, and also being a part of a 'nation' (Collection of guilds led by the dominant guild) which when the occassion arose, would gather together to battle other guilds/nations, and then going back to doing their own semi-independent thing until the next occassion.

Anyway, I don't think any of us can be arsed with politics anymore after ShadowBane and WoW. I suggest we keep an eye open for associating with a large guild and let them do the political bullshit.

I know Goons are going to have a heavy presence in DF, and have already earnt hatred from most of forumfall. Just saying.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Who cares, will be about 5 of us playing by sounds, I just want to explore and grief people

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Calix wrote:Who cares, will be about 5 of us playing by sounds, I just want to explore and grief people
Yeah me too.
But I'm thinking after a few months, I'm going to want to take part in other aspects of the game that is beyond the reach of small outfits.
I don't want to see us all fragmented into other big guilds like what happened in WoW, so I think it would be good if we simply found some bigger group to work with as/when the need arises, thus preserving our identity and keep us all together.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I know what you mean, but so few of us are interested in playing that I don't think we'll get much choice in what we do. Certainly won't be able to have our own guild for anything other than basic identification purposes, so lets not even worry about it, just see what happens.

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

ill be playing eventually. got a few mates that will aswell so might get them to join up with us?
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Sonez

Post by Sonez »

I'll probably give it a whack too, if my comp can run it