Tech help + a few console questions

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Tech help + a few console questions

Post by Lady Redname »

First of all i need tech help.

I am using my laptop with vista (and an nvidia graphics card) and using a VGA cable to hook it up to my tv and use it as a second monitor, however after a few min it starts to make the noise as if i am pulling the cable out and then putting it back in, it does this for a few min then the tv flicks to no signal. After about 15 seconds it turns back on, but i then have to go and move my film back onto the second monitor. It then does it again 5 min later

I have tried changing the VGA cable, and it's not because the cables are loose because i don't have to do anything to make it work again

I really have no idea whats causing it. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Also i have a few questions for you guys who play a lot of games (all of us):

In our common room we used to have a 360 (the guy who owned it has moved out now). However it was never used very often and normally just ended up being used as a DVD player. I think the main reason for this was the fact that we didnt really have any games people could play in a group or with freinds (most of the time we sat playing PGR4 or GTA4)

Now i am torn between getting us a new 360, but this time getting Guitar hero or Rock band, as well as a few other games. Or mayby getting a wii and getting a few party games for that.

So my question:

Is there any really good games for the 360 that are 2 player or more, and fun to play and not to boring to watch? how about for the wii, i only really know of Wii sports, which will work well but gets insanely boring quickly for me

How is the dvd player on the Wii? this may not matter since i think i will just buy a normal dvd player in the next few days

How is guitar hero on the wii? does it work as well as the 360 version

Is it worth getting the latest GH if i dont get the drums, or should i just get GH3? (if i get the drums how much room will they use and how easy are they to pack away)

Thanks!

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I wasn't aware you could play DVDs on the Wii without doing some kind of modding or hacks.

Also, get your 360 flashed and you can have many games! - ask Noxin's opinion.
Signatures broken since 2009...

senji

Post by senji »

Only flashing you'll see is the cops flashing their badges before they haul you away for piracy.

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i don't actually know anything aboutmodding xbox's for pirated games, is it easy to do?

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

also someone told me that xbox live will be free at some point soon

im to lazy to use google so is that true?

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

I've got a banned and an unbanned one.
It's basically just swapping out the CD drive I think, I'm sure there's tons of tutorials, my little brother did mine so it can't be difficult.
The detection is basically done by the games themselves, so if you download new releases there's a chance you might get owned, but at the end of the day if you just want to play games a banned one is fine, I have a PC to play online games.
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

They flash the firmware on the dvd player.
No actual hardware is replaced or physically modified.

No one truly knows how Microsoft detect these modded xboxs, there are a lot of theories but nothing conclusive. You can even go on xbox live with games that have officially been released, but there is some chance of being detected (some people get caught, but most don't, hence the speculation). However, everyone agrees that going on xbox live with a brand new game that hasn't officially been released is definately going to get you banned, and should get you shot IRL for being a retard.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

well if i go down the 360 route i dont even know if i will use it online since i cant afford to pay a subscription (and it wont actually be my xbox) and i cant really fork out for the wifi adaptor with hostel cash (i actually probably can, my boss wont know what im buying)

Can you download games for the wii as well? anyone know anything about that?

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Yeah there is a softmod out for it that lets you play burnt games and install virtual console stuff for free. Also a USB loader channel that lets you run them off usb sticks or hardrives.

Angus

Post by Angus »

The Wii is perhaps the easiest one to do.

All you need is your Wii, an external hard drive, a 2gb SD card and a copy of Twilight Princess
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/lazzaro306/WoodySig1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://gamingheroes.proboards42.com/index.cgi/]4tw Clan Forums[/url]

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

thanks

anyone got any idea on my monitor problems?

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Sounds like the cable is fucked.

Benn

Post by Benn »

Or the TV is fucked (or it doen't really like the signal you're sending. Maybe you have shit taste in films).

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

i tried 2 cables so i dont think its the cable

im gonna try and grab another laptop and give it a go with that