FAO Liberal twats

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

FAO Liberal twats

Post by Villa »

I know one or more of you are liberal hippy types, so please feel free to comment.

Wife started work at a new (primary) school recently and the kids are a bit wild. Some swear at teachers, and on a few occassions teachers have been hit.
They have a young headmaster who is probably no more than 40 at most and he has been in the job for not that long.
He belives in 'time outs' and special '1 to 1' sessions with the more 'boisterous' kids.

Recent examples have included sending a kid who swore and spat at a teacher into a special room in which the (10 year old) kid could play some games by himself so he could relax and be in a more 'positive vibe'.
A kid who punched a teacher, was made to listen to some stories about what happens to naughty children, and then made to apologise to the teacher (who then ran off home in tears) and sent back into class.

This head is part of a new wave of liberal minded teachers and heads who think that persuasion, conversation and reward schemes are more appropriate than expelling the little shits and having their single mum parents arrested.
This school is going down the pan, and the kids are getting worse (my own kids go there by the the way, so I know how the school is progressing). In my day, no one would dare hit a teacher. At this school, one kid actually said to an asian teacher "My mum said I don't have to listen to Pakis" and walked out of the class and went home. The head ordered that this kid be given extra timeouts in the special games room so he can 'come to terms with himself' and eventually realise what he did was 'not very nice was it?'.

So liberal twats, I blame people like you for the state of our schools and the unruly behaviour of chavy kids.
If these cunts got the cane, or a good slap round the head like we used to back in the day, we wouldn't have such a dire situation.
Liberal minded thinking is out of place in this environment.

Comments please Christopher?
Signatures broken since 2009...

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

i think its more related to that fact that you arent allowed to punish children in the same way.

Hands across rulers and caning etc, schools are too worried about being sued for one thing or another.
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I honestly think bringing back corporal punishment would be one of the single best things we could do to reverse the social decay in this country. Ironically we talk about liberalism yet the same government tries to exert the same sort of control over its populace as the Nazis, we are the new police state.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Benn

Post by Benn »

Mandatory military service plz

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

Benn wrote:Mandatory military service plz
This for sure. It seems a lot of schools these days are the same, kids are so much more aware of what they can get away with now. Who would ever want to be a teacher.
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

Soylant Green
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Toki wrote:
This for sure. It seems a lot of schools these days are the same, kids are so much more aware of what they can get away with now. Who would ever want to be a teacher.
Not sure if any of you are aware of just how hard the government makes it for people to become teachers.
You have to have a degree in an appropriate subject, do a 1 year post graduate course and while you are working you have to do all manner of additional training if you wish to progress.
You have to do a lot of work in your own time, forego a lunch break on occassions due to workload, and you invariably end up taking work home to mark in the evenings.
At the same time, they are paid shit money and get abuse from kids.

Really, why the fuck anyone would want to be a teacher now is beyond me.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

What's it got to do with me? I'd allow the cane

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Villa wrote:
Really, why the fuck anyone would want to be a teacher now is beyond me.
12 weeks off a year + bank holidays.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Noxin wrote:Soylant Green
e

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Teaching is the highest applied for degree this year.

So I'd guess a lot of people want to be teachers.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Sonez

Post by Sonez »

I fully agree.

My ex became a teacher at a school in Southend with behavioural problems. She was extremely hard working, and had to endure continually intimidatory behaviour from the students, including pouring drinks in her drawers / on her lesson plans and the bandying around of the word cunt without any recrimination (not a big deal perhaps, but not exactly encouraging to a 22 year old female student teacher). The kids didn't listen to her and basically got away with whatever they wanted.

In my opinion, teachers should have far more power to discipline pupils, and parents who complain (unduly) should be told to sort their lives and kids out.

A large segment of the youth in this country is going to the dogs and the schools are a big part of the problem.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Zim Zum wrote:Teaching is the highest applied for degree this year.

So I'd guess a lot of people want to be teachers.
"Those who can't, teach."
There is a reason why that catchphrase exists.

By the way, as far as I am aware, there isn't a 'teaching degree' unless something changed in the last 2 or 3 years.
You do a normal degree in a subject that gets taught at schools, and you then do a 1 year post graduate course (PGCE etc).

As far as I understand it, a lot of people who were made redundant recently have decided to take up teaching as some kind of easy win, hence fueling the stereotype suggested by the motto:
Those who can't, teach.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I have always been a proponent of national service. It's a part of my right wing agenda.

I swear I would make the best ever dictator.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

There is a 4 year teaching degree as well Villa. B:ed or something.