ello u 'orrible lot

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

pvm is cool
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

amber

Post by amber »

hi petra :)

in case anyone gets urges to play uo again, just read here

http://einert.org/uoboard/index.php

if Blazing and Icecast are actually considered good there is truely no hope :D
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/willgill/uopics/durisig.jpg[/img]

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I don't even know who you are talking about; I've completely flushed UO from my system.

LET GO!
Signatures broken since 2009...

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Down with Scotland

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

Always tempted to try this!
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Benn

Post by Benn »

<Fatal> lol we have two houses and a guildstone

(paraphrasing)

Poom_of_PALADIN

Post by Poom_of_PALADIN »

A month in of real UO summary :

It's so lonely and boring,

I dont understand anything

There is this thing called imbuing so you can make you own items, people have like 80 Spell damage increase and stuff

Me and another guy were able to just place 2 large towers as it is so deserted now

i tried to faction pvp and some blue guy energy fielded my dexer while a opposing faction guy killed me

For some reason i still want to play, it's fun to PvM i guess with my rl friend INTENSO (he still hates you for killing his horses villa) who lives far away now , I would say i am playing 3 hours a week and it is pretty fun for that time, i couldn't imagine bothering to train skills or anything though in a game world which never has more than 4 people on screen at once,

I might switch to second age but that seems lonely too , but maybe i just played at the wrong time,

I think it feels kind of weird talking about killing Minotaurs and fireball Katanas now It is 7 years on from when i first played and have to pretend to be a real person and stuff now , but it bring back some funny memories playing this game so i might play on for a bit.

senji

Post by senji »

That sounds depressing Poom.

I find it suprising you choose to pay (I assume EA hasn't made it free) to pvm in UO when there are quite a few other MMOs out there with a lot better (and prettier) pvm experiences.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Hey Poom, are there many people left in Tram? is wbb still busy?
Just gauging how dead the game truly is.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

It was the 'lonely and depressing' part that killed it for me in the end. Could do a whole lap of every dungeon and the entire lost lands and not see a single person, and that was near on 2 years ago.

Although I guess Euro was never as completely dead as Drach ended up.

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

Euro always had a core playerbase in fel, add a few brave trammies and it was always pvp to be had. Shame 90% of it was at yew gate.

Drachs was fun, but our last time around it was just deserted
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Poom_of_PALADIN

Post by Poom_of_PALADIN »

find it suprising you choose to pay (I assume EA hasn't made it free) to pvm in UO when there are quite a few other MMOs out there with a lot better (and prettier) pvm experiences.
yea i just did it for the fun nostalgic value , and cause in this game i already have characters, not sure if i want to get into training chars and grinding in any game anymore (maybe second age though)
Villa wrote:Hey Poom, are there many people left in Tram? is wbb still busy?
Just gauging how dead the game truly is.
Err, not many left anywhere, I went to Doom to kill dark father and it was only me there, The new dungeon 'The Abyss' which is the biggest UO dungeon or something, i went there at peak time at 8pmish and I found 3 other people

Luna bank is the new WBB cause of some invasion or event apparantly
It was the 'lonely and depressing' part that killed it for me in the end. Could do a whole lap of every dungeon and the entire lost lands and not see a single person, and that was near on 2 years ago.
yes this is still true or worse Calix,

Euro always had a core playerbase in fel, add a few brave trammies and it was always pvp to be had. Shame 90% of it was at yew gate.
Yew gate is even dead, 4 -5 people max there id say, all factioners most the time.

Im ill and at home today so i might play secondage all day to see how far i can get, its non accelerated skill gain i think so quite an effort, but i did log on y day night and it seemed quite busy and looked good so could be worth it.

Petra

Post by Petra »

lo all. sorry I lost touch a bit. My pc got re-formatted and I lost my links. But Spiritless is in irc and just gave it to me.

UO got ingame chat now, so you can actually talk to anyone on the shard that's in the right channel. Had a conversation the other night that brought back fond memories of misleading irc conversations and being hunted while I hunted in Fel.

I'm still playing daily on europa and Siege, plus trying desperately to update Stratics. I guess I mentioned I'm Managing Editor of the site now?
[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.jones27/PetraPiper.jpg[/img]
Barian's Mall, Yewdale
Coordinates: 57° 7' N, 25° 22' W (Tram)
Molly Fyde's Emporium, Moonglow Gate, Siege Perilous

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Secondage definetely isn't lonely and depressing. People everywhere, even if half of them are macroing.

I was in Shame yesterday, PvMing earth ellies on Oz's bard, becouse i'm hardcore like that. Took the opportunity to kill one of the other PvMers when he was low, looted all his shit. Then got chased by him and 2 of his guild up to the pass, where I hid like the hero I am.

Good times. UO is still fun.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Oh good luck with stratics Petra, that piece of shit site has been out of date for about 10 years?