welcome to the jungle man

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

pain

welcome to the jungle man

Post by pain »

Hello!
Any of you done anything interesting with your lives in the last erm 5? years since uo officially flatlined?

I haven't particularly, but I did get my 1st in history from Liverpool Uni; I think I owe some kind of warped gratitude to you cunts, as I'm sure trying to defend my arse from 10 people on a forum in my mid teens set me up with an early advantage to argue things relentlessly in written text. Although I never got anything for describing respected historians as 'masturbating tards'.

Oh and fair play for keeping your forum active, no mean feat to do given that the one thing that unifies you all has been moribund for some time. If you want an example just look at the ELR forum. I don't think I've even had an online ball cup with Squall for a few years.
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: welcome to the jungle man

Post by Calix »

Alright son. Congrats on the degree. I guess UO died at a good time for you really. I know playing that game affected my A-level results~. Nothing that interesting for me. Working, paying the mortgage. Fair bit of travelling.

Main reason the forum is still going = we're still all in IRC, playing various non-mmo type games. Company of Heroes, League of Legends, etc. Don't think anyone plays anything close to the 'full time' basis we did for UO though.....

Don't think you've missed much. Few of us went back and played UO again in 2007 when they did another PvP patch, no one has touched it since as far as i'm aware.

Slamer lives in Barcelona, Zole in Japan. Me & Toki work together now. Noxin managed to turn his shit UO flash games into an actual proper job.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Hi.
Also, Calix loves to leave me out of his trips down memory lane which is terrible considering how instrumental I am in maintaining this organisation's credibility.
I moved to the West Midlands in case you care.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Asians don't count

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

But you mentioned Zole?
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

That's just wannabee asian.

Congrats on your first Pain. Good luck getting a job, any idea what you want to do?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

pain

Post by pain »

Calix wrote:Alright son. Congrats on the degree. I guess UO died at a good time for you really. I know playing that game affected my A-level results~. Nothing that interesting for me. Working, paying the mortgage. Fair bit of travelling.

Main reason the forum is still going = we're still all in IRC, playing various non-mmo type games. Company of Heroes, League of Legends, etc. Don't think anyone plays anything close to the 'full time' basis we did for UO though.....

Don't think you've missed much. Few of us went back and played UO again in 2007 when they did another PvP patch, no one has touched it since as far as i'm aware.

Slamer lives in Barcelona, Zole in Japan. Me & Toki work together now. Noxin managed to turn his shit UO flash games into an actual proper job.
I think I was playing quite a lot during my A Levels, probably when the shard was so shit it was 60% forum 40% actual game. So Noxin's living the dream lol. Making flash games doesn't really appeal to me, but sounds good to have a creative job at least.

Where have you been travelling and any plans to go anywhere soon? I'm either going to Asia or S America in about 6 weeks time hopefully!
whether long range weapon or suicide bomber wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

pain

Post by pain »

Zim Zum wrote:That's just wannabee asian.

Congrats on your first Pain. Good luck getting a job, any idea what you want to do?

Cheers. I got a job! A certain Morissey lyric always comes to mind though. I just did well getting a half decent salaried office job in these dark times. The job market is like uo factions atm. I won't say where I am exactly, as I remember you guys helped doing my reputation a bit of harm in my home town a few years back, but I'm admin/acct manager at a major 'mystery shopper' company. Lame as it sounds :) Place secured for an MA in History at UCL come September anyway though so fuck it!

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Nowhere that interesting. Just European cities. In the last year: Budapest/Prague/Bratislava/Vienna/Berlin/Dresden/Leipzig/Cologne, and lots of train travel between.. This years travel rather rudely curtailed by 4 weekends and most of my leave entitlement from work wasted attending fucking weddings... a Munich & Nuremburg trip is next on the agenda and fancy doing Riga/Talinn/Vilnius and maybe Helsinki in one trip as well.

Jealous of the history studies, I spend a fair bit of my spare time reading about history, I just wasn't sharp enough at the correct age to make sure I gained a proper education in it at the same time. What's prompted you to go back for more? Other than the obvious from the Heaven knows i'm miserable now reference~

What's happened to ELR then? Everyone just gone their seperate ways? I had no idea their board was still running until you prompted me to look it up.

I-C nobs in Berlin last year.

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

More like:

Budapest/Prague/Bratislava/Vienna/Berlin/Berlin/Dresden/Leipzig/Cologne
No to Scottish existence.

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

lolz good point.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I must protest at the lack of coloured representation in that photo.

pain

Post by pain »

That guy's t-shirt in the front row is pretty coloured.

Bit of Europe then, nice. I'm trying to work out how viable Moscow to Singapore just over land is, could be pretty pretty pretty good.

Nothing's made me want to go back, this is a gap year really. I've always intended to do the MA, it's only seemed natural for me since I was about 12 to just study history for as long as I can; at the risk of sounding like an arrogant nob, if I am pretty good at something and really enjoy it too, then why the fuck not?

Are any of you playing xbox live btw? I'm living with my parents and have a girlfriend overseas so find myself pretty much spending a semi-uo like amount of time playing call of duty.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I got banned from xbox live on the day Modern Warfare 2 released.
Also, scary how old some of the nobz in that photo have become.

pain

Post by pain »

How can you get banned from xbox live?? The language, not to mention clan tags, that goes around on that is just ridiculous.

One of my mates has a gamertag called 'alahakbarmafuka' yet he's played for like 5 days of gameplay.

Oh, and the ELR forum just never went anywhere after UO finished. I think the problem is the guild itself had stages of membership, the last of which was basically my group, so lots of us never played together hardly or had enough time to establish that we had stuff in common.
I think not so many online clans actually take the irl sexual favours and team bonding to the same levels as you lot.