Haven & Hearth

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Haven & Hearth

Post by Noxin »

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

It's a small Indie game, a 2 guys in their spare time in their bedroom affair.
I've been playing it a bit and it's got a lot of potential. Essentially a sandbox world the players can affect and change.. The world is huge and not highly populated, though at prime times you can expct 350-400 people online and growing.
It's very muc h in an alpha state and user friendliness could do with some work, but once you have a grasp of it, it's suprisingly enjoyable..
Every action you take in the game pretty much earns you Learning Points which you can spend on skills, stats or expanding your claim on the world.
Claiming essentially gives you a private ownership of an area, but there's skills in the game like trespassing and stealing to enter private claims. But you leave evidence that can be tracked.
Building takes a fair amount of effort and work, but you can explore, find an unclaimed house/farm/village/fort and take over or spend the time needed to build your own exactly how you want.

There's no restrictions when it comes to freedom, if you want to kill someone, provided you have the right skills you can. There's a big majority of people playing farmers, explorers, merchants etc. Though being alpha there are a couple of issues like super high stat players being able to punch down your walls, kick your house down and rip your head off. Though I've not seen it happen.

It's all Java based so simple to just click and play, though there's an enhanced client available if you get into it.
It's well worth a look if you're bored and looking for something to try. I've been enjoying it a lot. Port Roxin is comign along nicely thanks to my frequent trips out on my boat to explore, raid and pillage other people's shit.

If you do find yourself playing it, the wiki comes in very handy: http://havenandhearth.wikia.com/wiki/Ha ... earth_Wiki
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Villa
Devon Knows

Re: Haven & Hearth

Post by Villa »

Sounds like Wurm or Xsyon
Signatures broken since 2009...

Noxin
BENEFIT CHEAT

Post by Noxin »

It's far superior.. I'm still really enjoying it. I'm sure it's not everyone's taste, I doubt it's barely anyone's but the player justice, communities, freedom of actions etc really plays out well..
I trespassed on someone's keep a few days ago to steal some carrots.. I logged in the next day to find he'd emptied every single one of my containers and even stolen my fresh hemp buds I had drying out on a herbalist table.. Damnit I so wanted to smoke those.
Because I'm still a relative noob there wasn't much I could do.. So I prepared to move elsewhere and he came back.. So I hid out of view as he approached.. He picked up my loom and tried to carry it slowly to his boat, I ran past and stole his boat, sailed it up river and lured a big bad level 10 bear onto him. The bear knocked him unconcious and I proceeded to do the honourable thing and kick his head in while he was on the floor killing him.
Given the game is perma-death and he was far stronger than my week old noob character, I can only imagine the sheer rage.
Best fun I've had in a game in years. Especially as I then took his key from his corpse and looted his keep dry, then decorated my house with his bones.
YOUR GAMES ARE THE GAYIST THING EVER ACRCADEN CRUSADE WAS EPIC FAIL AND SO WAS ANY THING U MADE WITH A P THE REST WAS JUST FLAT OUT GAY U DONT DESERVE LIFE NO U DONT DESERVE ANYTHING U ARE JUST A GAY MORON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Sounds like an excellent adventure.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

lolllllll
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]