MOAR UO STUFFZ

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

MOAR UO STUFFZ

Post by Villa »

What do you make of this?

http://azaroth.org/2010/10/17/10-in-10-paladins/

Think it's from that IPY shard.
The tl;dr summary:
Paladins are designed to be a self policing force that punishes reds instead of a statloss based system. Wether you PK or not, reds are a huge issue for any server where they are left with no penalties. Paladins are gifted coins for killing reds that can be put towards rewards. These rewards give paladins an extra leg up on reds therefor evening out the risk v reward for being a red. Paladins cannot participate in Order vs Chaos PVP, so the rewards really be used other then laying the hurt on reds. Any murder counts will throw you out of the paladin order, so be careful not to get trigger happy.
Sounds a bit lame, but if you read the full article, it starts to make a bit more sense and may be plausible.

Also:
http://azaroth.org/2010/11/07/10-in-10-kings-and-oc/
Every major city has the ability to elect a King to control various functions of the city. For instance a king can decide on the taxation of vendors, to the level of guard security a town would provide. The king also has the ability to choose from one of the major perks that will be extended to all the citizens such as increased blacksmith gains or gold and magic item drop rate increasings. Citizen's of a town also receive massive vendor discounts. Appointed citizen's may place vendors inside the city limits as well. Order v Chaos PVP is based around capturing cities for the gain of certain PVP buffs that are only applied within cities themselves. While Kingship and Order v Chaos overlap, having your city captured by the opposite faction has only a small effect on the actual town dynamics beyond the ability for the opposing to steal your treasury. The treasury effects stuff like level of guard security and so forth. Each town also has a militia that takes place in the Order v Chaos PVP in order to protect its treasury. Its similar to the faction system used in UO and various titles are awarded and so forth.
And finally:
http://azaroth.org/2010/10/24/10-in-10-yarr-pirates/
One of the more robust implementations, naval warfare is an interesting system on IPY 2. It features custom craftable ships/cannons, guild docks, pirate items and titles, shipwrecks and much more. The main goal of all pirates is to control Buccaneer’s Den in order to spend your pirate currency on various ammunitions, ship plans, to vanity rewards. You gain the pirate currency by ruining someone's day and sinking the hell out of their ship. Right before the ship is sunk, you are able to enter the ship for a short period of time to clear the hull out, then scram. One you have sunk a ship, the currency is deposited into your hull and you may no longer dry dock your boat unless you stable it at a cities dockmaster or your guild's docks. Smooth boat movement has also been implemented. There are also shipwrecking hunting as well. There is a lot more I haven't touched on this but just read more in the blog post.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: MOAR UO STUFFZ

Post by Fatalist »

Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

IPY 2 about to release then.

Azaroth has some nice ideas, I'm sold on UOSA's policy now though. Accurate era representation rather than trying to make 'old UO+'

I'm sure IPY 2 will be a massive hit, 1000 clients online, etc etc. For 6 months. And within a year be 50 clients. Like IPY1, Divinity, etc. UOSA averaging 500+ clients for over 2 years now. Only shard manage such longevity.

Benn

Post by Benn »

I wouldn't play anything designed by someone who pluralises words, apparently at random, using apostrophes.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Villa why can't you just play the shard we play. Why would we wanna play elsewhere when we're enjoying UOSA ?

Such a cunt.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

I'd rather he didn't. Villa + UO = whinge overload

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

Zole, I have no interest in any online games at present.
Calix - I can see through your reverse psychology!
Also, I have discovered ANGRY BIRDS on my new phone.

Superfast Oz
Cardinal Chunder

Post by Superfast Oz »

Thought you'd have had enough of those irl.