I-C History

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Pareto

Re: I-C History

Post by Pareto »

Beautiful! :)
Team Goat

[img]http://hazzel.net/cede/roster/addons/siggen/sig.php/Trammelian.png[/img]

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

When I have problems getting hard I just read this thread.

If I could go back in time I would have taken screenies constantly.

In the spirit of long rambling posts, i'll write a bit about MY PERSONAL UO HISTORY.

My first PVP experiences (not getting PK'd, but actively wanting to PVP) came on Oceania! I had played uo with a friend during T2A, but didn't have my own PC. When I finally got one (my sister was given one, a total piece of shit machine), my step dad started playing UO because his friend from work did. His friend played Oceania because it was easier to get a house (COS ITS FUCKING AUSTRALIA) so I played there too. I had a character called scammer, which was an internet alias I had used for a bit. I didn't have any idea about scammers in UO, so was confused why some people didn't like me.

Anyway, a combination of shit PC and super high ping meant I didn't know simple things like the fact that horses made you faster.

Cos me my sister and stepdad were all hooked on UO, he bought a new PC and got fast internet. It was ADSL, and was almost 10x faster than previous internet (512dsl). But actually it wasn;t that much faster..

I PVP'd against guildmates, some of whom had actually been to Feluccia! I had GM parry and swords, so I was really good against dexxers. I didn't really understand about tram and fel. Before there had been PKs, but now there werent any.

ANYWAY, it wasn't until a friend from school also told me he played uo did i think about moving shards. he told me about test shard, where you could make your character super strong, so i went on there to check it out.

WTFFFFFF. Not only was it fun to make your character awesome, but it was so FAST. I was one of the fastest people there. Someon said that if I am fast there, I would be even faster on europa, which is for european people.. so I made char on there!

INTRODUCING ALAKASTER!

I remember spending ages getting my stats up early on. I didn't know how to ping pong skills, so i just raised macing high for str and fencing for dex. Ended up having high dex so that's what I took.

After all the PVM bullshit was done, I started going to fel a bit. OFC char wasn't anywhere near "done", but I think I probably had gm tact anat fenc by the time I started pvp'ing. It was pretty easy and very fun. Did a lot of pvp'in at brit gate, which is where I first met JOE (ALL CAPS LOL). JOE was a mage and had really good skills AND green hair. I thought he must be really good, although I think we never really fought. He was friends with m00, who owned one of the houses near the gate.

I got friended to a different house and did a lot of pvp there. Eventually I was bored and saw lots of faction action going on,so joined TB (It was the only faction who had a base I could find).

MEANWHILE, IN TRAMMEL...

I had been reading lots of forums, and had read stories from people like Galad, Belan etc, and thought that looked cool. I had also never had a mage before, so I made one.

MERLARK!!!

He had the basic mage skills, as well as music and prov. Early on I spent a lot of time killing ogre lords to make gold, as well as arctic ogre lords. When my prov and music got higher, I also killed DRAGONS. But Merlark was a pure PVM/Loot char, I never tried pvp'ing with him, and wouldn't for many years... At one point I trained a bit of lockpick as well, and enjoyed hunting monsters in khaldun.

BACK IN FEL....

I made a thief, and named him after my RL friend because a) he was an idiot and b) it sounded generic. Meet ADRIAN.

Only Joe and Slamer will know this char. I spent a lot of time training him up before I started doing proper stealing. I didn't have the patience (or know how) to train stealth, so I thought i'd make him a disarm thief. I believe his skills were stealing/snoop/hide/heal/anat/wrestle/arms lore. Stealing was very fun. I didn't really take many pictures, but I had my own way of stealing. I'd usually run past someone while spamming last object on their backpack and stop a few tiles away. The backpack remained open if I didn't move so I would have time to target what I wanted, then run past again and steal. It was simple but effective, and I was much better than most of the other thieves which littered the moongates and cities. I had a few thief friends, one being Ghost (S!S) and Billie Piper (S!S). Ghost died a fucking lot, but could stealth, so that was kind of cool. Billi Piper had two chars, one who was a thief and one who wasn't, but they both looked the same. So people would attack her thinking it was the thief and then die or get a count. That was always very funny to me.

I made a lot of money on my thief, it's probably how I first came in to riches. Most people weren't that used to disarm thieves. I stole so many axes from Ragnar from Minax and other factioners. They were always WTF to see me attack them as I ran past and steal their weps in one motion. To me it was really simple (target their wep and then run past with disarm toggled and use skill > steal > last target). I also started scamming.

DA DA DAAAAAA!

I didn't do any hardcore scams, but thought hard about how to make money easily. What I ended up doing was offer to sell my house to people (sometimes it was my house, sometimes it was just any house), and ask them to put the checks spaced out in a bag, so I could properly count them. Then I'd cancel trades and steal the pouch. It was so simple but it worked. A lot. At the time the thief forum had a contest every week for the best theft, and I think I won it a record amount of times (MORE THAN CRAZY JOE LOLOLOL). People started to question how I was always stealing these pouches, and I told a few of them. They went crazy for it on the american shards and I had a few friends make 50 mil + in a few weeks from doing that scam.

The best thing I ever stole was a blessed item. I remember that I was in Jhelom and saw a DJ at the moongate (I think it was Luke Skywalker, or something like that). He had a magic kryss on him so I stole it and jumped in the moongate (LOL SKILLED). When I got home I id'd it and it was a blessed +10 vanq kryss (durable). But I had stolen it. I tested the item out and it was more like newbied. If I died it stayed in my pack but it could be stolen. I contacted a gm and told him that the item wasn't blessed properly and he fixed it. BAM. Nice weapon for Alakaster. I kept that kryss for ages, but somehow lost it (LOL SLAMERESQUE). Possibly someone stole it from my house in brit gate ,I forgot.

OVER IN PVP LAND.......

I was owning factions. I ALWAYS 100% raped this shadowlord fencer named Storm. In the end I stopped killing him because he didn't give me any score and would just be friendly with him, and we'd usually attack mutual enemies. I didn't realise until quite a bit later that the thief which sometimes stole my shit (Ghost) was actually that REALLLLLLY SHIT fencer (Storm).

But factions was going well. I was pretty RESPECTED and one time narrowly missed out on being voted Commanding Lord, which I was pretty gutted by, although I had no idea what it actually would mean, and viewed it as a popularity contest.
I could win most fights because I was really fast (most people didn't have such good cons) and also had magery on my template, something I thought was very clever. I think my temp was something like gm fenc tact anat heal resist 70 magery 80 hiding 50 med, or something like that. I believe I gm'd resist with my moongate homies help (thanks JOE). But yeah it was crazy. At some point I bought UOA (I think Joe encouraged me to do it so he could train my mages magery for me, I was too stupid to use 8x8 macroer) and I was basically unkillable. Bandages, magery AND pots gave me so many ways to heal, it was awesome. Then I thought "What if I had even more magery and mana, I'd never die!!"

NEW CHARACTER TIME. ENTER: INSTANT DEATH.

Gay name, but I think my thought process was "If someone I kill is in a party, the message will read "I was killed by Instant Death"". Which doesn't sound that right but anyway that's what I did.

When I first started playing the char it was real hard. I remember practicing against a friend in ELR (I think his name began with, he rode an ethy and wore a black floppy hat). I only had 50 resist but my defense was amazing, like I thought, healing and magery was awesome. But i sucked offensively, I didn't know how to fight without a wep. After a bit I got the hang of it, but was super eager. I entered one Ancient Oak tourny (saw it posted on the boards) and got totally raped, and couldn't really understand why. I was doing really well fighting in the field, but I didn't understand about interrupting, self interrupt and fast casting (actually not fast casting, more like fast cast recovery). If you guys don't know what this is: Pre aos there was an inbuilt FCR limit. I dunno what it was, but it was probably around 4. But if you held a spell for a few seconds on your cursor, the next spell would have the fcr removed (so it was like fcr6, you could cast the spell immediately without waiting). I learnt it son after I got raped at AO tourny, but I think a lot of people never understood how this worked, right up into AOS. Incidentally, this didn't get changed in AOS, and it's something I utilized in my early AOS ownage.

At some point (I think pub 14 but possibly 15) I managed the most ownage thing I ever did in UO. I somehow found a guy who had a valorite hammer. At the time valorite weps were going for 2 mil a pop, and this was when a million was quite a lot of money. Powerscrolls didn't exist yet (despite what some people think, runics existed before p16, but people didn't use them as much, only factioners (who could faction bless a wep for amonth) and trammies. He had a "smith room" in his tower, with the hammer locked down. The door was locked, but with Joe's help I efielded myself into the room (which should have been unenterable). Then I got Joe's thief into the room as well. Then I ICQ'd the guy asking for a wep. I was sweating so much waiting for him to recall in and make it. I think that the guy actually had his friend with him when he came to take the hammer. He unlocked it and then YOINK, I had it on my cursor. I quickly recalled out and Joe recalled out a bit after me, and got the blame. I remember standing outside our tower just after we had made it back home and me and joe were like OMFOGMOFMOGMFOGMFOGMOFMGOFGMOGM! That was fucking awesome.

I don't think I actually made Alakaster a spear with it, because I was too much of a jew. But sold a few charges to people.

A bit after this, my stepdad and mum seperated. I know this because I remember visiting him one weekend and playing uo on his computer, and although I could only play uo for one weekend I remember paying someone for a valorite wep so I could have fun with it on Alakaster (couldn't make one myself, I didn't have a smith).

It's pretty lol to me that I can measure rl events in relation to what's going on in UO. Hahah.

P16 wasn't going to have much of an effect on me. I did a lot of noto'ing on Instant, stealing on thief and didn't really use Alak much. I took counts on people who annoyed me but I didn't want to lose skills so never considered going into stat, although I might have gone red once or twice. In early P16 I was still unguilded, and pretty happy that way. Whenever there was a spawn I would go with all the other blues (and ofc together with Joe). I had my own pc now, but only 56k internet, which was the gay. Not only that, but it was super slow. I had UO installed at my friends house and when I played there the speed was decent (a bit over 100ping), but at my own it was over 200. After a trace I realized my ping went to america and back to get to the server in London.. rage.. But it was better than nothing. I remember one time there was a big harrower which was going to go down at some point, all the skulls (apart from oaks) were placed already, and me Joe (who was visiting my house at the time irl) went to an internet cafe to play on a proper con. Good times.....

I don't remember if I joined I-C first or made my PK then joined I-C. But I remember that I didn't want Instant to go red, as he had full gm skills and my own champ hunting char. I still had Merlark who I had severely neglected, but he had the basic mage skills already so I decided to turn him red. The introduction of the defensive wrestle (based on eval and anat) meant that I could get away without training wrestle (which was a fucking pain) and could have different skills to everyone else. I don't think it was until I decided to make a pk did I bother to gm provoke. Firehorns were introduced to UO a bit earlier, and they were pretty strong, but of course no pvp'r used them. I think the template started as gm mage med eval resist music prov anat. I didn't have to train wrestling, anatomy was a lot quicker, and best of all, it meant that as I raised my mage skills I could just lower Anatomy to keep my defense up. Despite what cyric says, Iw as the first PK to do this, FAKT.

It was amazingly effective. Especially when Merlark was a bit scrolled. He didn't get any high level scrolls for a long time, but even with 110 Mage 110 Eval (which had for most of pub 16, I believe), I was able to kill anyone, including the few people who had all 120's. Not only was the damage good, but the surprise factor worked incredibly well. If I was fighting someone and they decided to run from me, it was like a guaranteed win. Eventually they would stop to heal and when they did all I had to do was firehorn them for some decent damage. My most memorable firehorn action was with Slamer. I think this might have been just after I moved to my new house. I ordered the DSL before we moved in, and it wasn't due to be activated for a while, but while moving stuff from my old house to the new one I tested it out and it was active. I lived in that house alone for a week before the rest of my family moved in. Anyway, I didn't have a desk (was at the old house) so I had my pc on the floor and would playing lying on my stomach!

There was a spawn at COTD, I think it was baracoon or maybe undead, I forget. But only me and Slamer were about. People would always just camp on the roof near the altar when it got to the later levels, so me and Slamer went underneath and started casting earthquake. This was before earthquake was a popular spell to cast. Which sounds strange, but this was a time when pk'ing wasn't that popular and people didn't have 120 magery, which meant a lot of fizzles. EQ wouldn't kill a player, but would get them to 1 hp. Anyway, after a few eq's I firehorned and killed loads of people. For those who don't know what a firehorn looks like, it basically does a flamestrike looking attack on people who are within it's radius. So if it's just one person there's one flamestrike, but if there's 10 people there are 10 flamestrikes on the people, it looks like a carpet bombing.

edit - Found this screenie, was lizards!

I must have got paged on by a lot of different people because I was taken to Jail really quickly. This is probably the closest I have ever got to being banned. The GM wasn't going to wait for me to explain how I had done it, but was accusing me of third party programs etc etc. I was like "no it's not a cheat I used a firehorn!!! Check my pack and my skills!!". Gooooooood times.

EEV came about from a post on stratics forums about doing champ spawns together. It was a pre existing guild which was GM'd by night but wasn't really a proper guild (sorry dude, it wasn't). Those guys were total trammies. Even though Night lived in fel, he was a trammie. I was pretty much the only "real" PVP'r among them, and it consisted of a lot of boardies. And Rizem. Yay.

Most of them had tamers and bards and stuff but I only had pvp chars. So I would take along Instant or my other blue mage (me and Joe had another mage on a vet account we had been given, and Joe (if he came) would bring his own char.

At this juncture I will talk about the SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP with Joe. Since our time at brit gate we were friends. And had met up IRL several times, and got on really well. Joe had access to my accounts, which he would use to train my characters (I hated training chars and Joe had several computers he could use, I didn't) but I rarely used his, only his tamer or mule sometimes. But the third account as well as the start of me joining guilds made for an interesting change. I basically used blue Joe (that's what we'd call him, because he was blue and had blue hair). I don't know if it was a way for us to use scrolls on a char without it being one persons char, but yeah. I played blue Joe and JOE played his own chars on his own account, unless I was playing other chars. I guess it's the kind of character/account usage brothers might have. But this became really confusing for people. Sometimes blue Joe was super awesome and dangerous, able to kill everyone. And sometimes Joe was controlling the character. I don't think JOE has ever formally joined I-C or EEV. He's basically the ultimate hanger on who has just followed me for years. He didn't really use forums I'd just icq or msn him and he'd come to wherever. It's weird, now I think about it!

Anyway, back to champ hunting. Champ hunting was going well, and when people invaded I would noto them. Then after a while we realized I could just pk anyone who came. For a long time I was basically the only fighting force EEV had. Everyone else was either worthless or worse. Some people weren't too bad (Coli), but most were shockingly bad. In AOS more people made PK chars and I trained them up like pokemon, but for almost all of p16 I was their only fighting force (I believe, the time between P16 and AOS really blend together to me). But the power of my firehorn template which allowed me to own anyone 1vs1 meant that even against a few people, if I had a healer I could take out multiple blues easily.

I really enjoyed P16. I did some factioning with Alakaster too, but mostly PK'ing. I think it was around this time that I bought (or got given, I forgot) a house outside of Destard. I didn't have enough accounts to hold it so later on in time I gave it to Slamer to look after (and eventually he just claimed it as his own). This was fun and destard was really busy. Not only with champ hunters but with pvm'rs and pvp'rs in general. I had a collection of runics on the top of the small tower which had been looted from people, t'was awesome. There was one really annoying dexxer who I disliked name Tyrion. He generally used a gold spear or something of similar value, but rarely one better than that. I believe he had a template similar to Alakaster (med fencer) so I don't think I ever died to him, as I was too familiar with the character, but he killed a lot of other people. I killed him several times ( I remember because it was very satisfying), but if he was about then I would move to another area because I couldn't fight people if he was there too....

When I look back, P16 was one of my favorite times in UO. A lot of people say I was only good in AOS but I disagree strongly.

åWhen AOS came out I basically had to change every single one of my chars. My strange quirky PK was now. .not useless but not viable. Awesome fencer was nothing special, heal mage wasn't longer viable. Not only that, I hadn't tried very hard to stock up on good armour (most people tried tog et as much invul armour as they could and then enhance it with barbed). The game had changed and I had gone from a killing force to totally average, because I hadn't taken the time to prepare or read up on the changes. Without being able to PvP properly, I got bored and stopped playing.

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Last edited by zole on Mon May 14, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

WE REJOIN OUR STORY, AND OUR HERO HAS STOPPED PLAYING!!!!!

I don't remember if I was playing WoW or whatever, but I got bored and thought I might as well give UO a go. I had some decent weps (not actually decent, but i think valorite weps converted into +10 hci 45 dmg inc weps, which I supposed was good. I had my valorite hammer so I used it to make dexxer armour.... LOL. I did make some pretty epic stuff with it, some of which I ended up selling to flay and other people who liked dexxers. Also ended up making some interesting weps. I didn't really know what to make so just made random weps. I remember that I made one cutlas which has 53% dmg inc, which seemed very high. I had pretty good resists (actually probably as good or better than anyone), but didn't know anything about mods. Did some dexxing and anway yeah, I didn't die instantly so it was good. Wasn't that fun playing a blue, so I took Joe's dexxer. I think he had been a lumberjack, but Joe never really played him. Again, I didn't really know anything about anything but made him a necro, for shits and giggles. Again, I didn't know what was good or not. He was a swordsman not a fencer so I had to get some weps from somewhere. I remember using a blaze scythe on him. It probably had shit mods but it was fire coloured so I think I assumed it must have been good. Also had a valorite axe i had looted from someone pre aos, so that hit hard, and I think I used that cutlass too.It was a pretty rape char. Strangle was owning people, pain was great spike damage, and double hit did massive damage. This was before it got changed to make it possible for the second hit to miss.

Around this time was probably my first encounter with Athena. I won all our fights, but he was a quick dexxer who had really good equipment. Most of this was yew gate fighting, none of i-c or eev were really playing at this point.

I neglected my mages for quite a while in AOS. I didn't have any armour for them, so I spent a lot of time in doom on Alakaster trying to get artifacts. I think the drop rate was incredibly low, there were very few artifacts about, other than some shit ones that PALADIN had. I think early AOS was the last time I properly pvp'd on Alakaster. I put parry on him for the pvmness and dropped magery for chiv. Much later I changed from fenc to swords, so that we could do harrowers (I'd use blade of insanity to keep stamina up). I feel a bit sad that my first real PVP char ended up a pvm machine, but at least he slew many harrowers ,although that wouldn't happen for a few years.

Eventually my friend Zalgradis got an axe of the heavens. It was probably the first one on the shard. I borrowed it to see what kind of damage I could do with it, and I wasn't disappointed. The already lethal combo of double strike pain got even more lethal when you added 50% lightning. I couldn't believe how powerful it was. I'd like to think my abuse of this went towards the changing of double strike. I didn't feel that what I was doing was cheap, although I never for a second thought it was skilled or anything like that. After the double strike nerf, I continued to play red Joe, but as more people were starting to come back, I was getting bored playing a dexxer, and started trying to make a mage suit.

I didn't have many options though. Merlark would require some training and new scrolls. He relied on defensive wrestle and this was before scrappers or anything like that. Instant's template of heal didn't work anymore and blue joe was my only option. I think we might have put parry on him, I forget. My RL friend had quit UO, but had a mage fencer already made, so I activated his account and started playing him. The char was originally named NeCrOPhElLiAC, but had been renamed to Donnelly.

I forget where I got my armour from, but I think it was a combination of some enhanced invul armour and i don't remember where the rest came from. Did barbed runics exist then? Maybe not.. i think I might have used some mage armour I had made with my val runic and also some enhanced doom loot. but anyway, it wasn't anything good. I probably bought (or I had farmed, I forget) some very basic 2/4 jewerellry and I used a spell chan lance. I think later on I got other weps too but my first one was deff a lance, and it was enhanced with gold to make it lighter.

I don't know if Donnelley was already in factions or I joined him, but I remember the first fight I had on him, and it was vs X Lord X, who I fucking raped. The damage from dismount was good, as was the concussion blow, and it just seemed I was designed for playing a wep mage. I was owning everyone pretty soon. I think it was playing wep mage that I started to really care about specials and whatnot.

Since I was enjoying playing a mage and had a usable suit, it made me want to res Merlark. The cheapest wep skill scroll was macing, so I put 120 macing on him and parry, I believe. I didn't have any good mace weapons, and I didn't know what was good, so I think I used a maul for a really long time (this was before people really used UBWS. This is of course without artifacts, of which I still had none.

Merlark was rocking a lot of socks. There weren't that many wep mages, most people were trying to get high sdi. I experimented with it by borrowing midnight bracers (having 10 sdi was considered high when artis were super rare), but as I was just borrowing them, I didnt think it was worth getting attached to it. I concentrated on trying to improve my play. I also started encouraging other people to get better and told them the basics of what they'd want for a suit and stuff. Especially EEV. We were trying to do champ hunts and it was no problem for me to kill invaders (even easier than before, because now if I died someone could res me!), but organised groups like CoM would cause a problem.

Artifacts started benig a bit more common, but I was a total cheapskate (always was). I don't know what I used money on actually, maybe just for buying weps i wanted or runic kits. I rarely bought scrolls, and never bought any of the expensive magery ones. Even when I got them myself from hunting, I would usually sell them rather than use them.

I think somewhere around this time I started Fight Night. I forget why but the idea was to encourage PvP, MAKE FRIENDS and just practice. I think someone might have asked me to do it, I didn't need the practice, I was playing really well at that time. And this was before I had artis or uber armour. A lot of people enjoyed it. We didn't have many rules but basically it was a place where you could ask people for a fight, and wouldn't get looted or anything afterwards. Some really skilled people came, some total trammies came. But it was fun. I started to get a lot of flack from people for doing it, which was crazy. In hindsight I think it was just sour grapes, because I really was playing well at that time. This pic was taken at one "famous" fight night. Athena came and someone wanted to see who would win vs me and Athena. The corpse in the picture is also Athenas. I didn't want to duel a dexxer (LOL DUEL), and he didn't want to duel without pots and buffs etc, but I duelled him anyway. I also used pots AND wands. Since I had macing I could disarm him with the wand, as well as use it to heal. Again, i think I was one of the first people to use wands in AOS, although it wasn't something I did often early on (that changed!). Eitherway, wand or no wand, plz try duel Athena in an enclosed space :)

I always enjoyed playing solo, but in AOS I played solo like never before. LOOKING BACK AT MY UO CAREER, it has been said that I was only good at duelling, and to that I lol. I was good at it, but not really from practice. Some people really enjoyed duelling, but for me it was something i Initially did to learn how to play a mage. After that it was just to deflate ego (LOL TRY WITH NO HORSE) or to pass the time. Duelling is easy if you know how. But it's fucking boring. All that harm spam and whatnot. I used to mock duel calix jus for fun to see how quickly I could kill him, but for the most part when I duelled I was always just trying to do fun things (like time a combo with a special to make an instant kill, somehting which would probabl fail 9 times out of 10) or something like that. The formula for winning is known by any decent duellist, a lot of it just depends on timing and patience. Sonez was really good, as was Cyric and later on Fatal would be good. Zim was never very good at dueling because he lacked the patience to fight in that boring way. Which is not to say that he was really bad at it, but for one of the best field pvp'rs, he was only pretty good at duelling. I don't remember duelling Senji but I'm sure he would have been the same. BUT I DIGRESS...

My favourite thing about AOS was the false confidence people had. That made solo'ing awesome. Me against 2 or 3 people was almost always a win for me. Sometimes I would be annoyed by playing with friends because we missed out on so many fights. As a group we were often unable to kill enemies that I could easily kill alone, just because they would run or play a lot more cautiously. Athena says that all high end gamers should play poker, because to be good at a game you need to have the ability to calculate risk and read a situation well, and I think that in UO this is deffinitely true. I'm sure Zim and some of you guys can back me up, but most people know what they are capable of. For some people that means knowing which oponents you can 1 v 1, but for a lot of us it's more like a formula where you weigh up how many people you're fighting, their class, your abilities, location, numbers, that kind of thing. I never really raged about dying to a gank, the only things which would annoy me were needless deaths. Times when I made mistakes

The time in doom started to pay off, and me and Joe started getting artifacts. We got plenty of shit ones but I think at one point we got an orny. This was at a time when ornys went for about 60 million, and it was uber to have. The added FC made factions even more easy, and factions and PK'ing was almost all I did. PVM was limited to protecting spawns, which doubled up as pk'ing, and trying to do an hour of doom here and there to try get more artis. I got two arcane shields, but I only remember how I got one of them. Someone was selling one and the price was pretty cheap. I think I was going to buy it and then sell it on for profit. The guy gated to fel and said that he'd put it on a vendor, to prevent any scamming or anything like that involving checks. I didn't really care, whatever. But i did notice that he uninsured the shield when he put on a vendor. his character was in factions and was orange to me, and he was a SCOUNDREL. I did a quick myuo search and it turned out he was a thief.

HAHAHA. The scam might have worked on someone else, but not on this guy........... I played dumb and asked him to put the shield on so I could confirm that the one on the vendor was a real shield, and not some text bug or something like that, and he eagerly did so. I was acting really stupid and was talking for a while. I think I asked him some long open ended question and then I just killed him. He started running away but instead of running into his house (was public because he had a vendor on it) he just tried to run. Free arcane shield for me, that was worth around 40 million. I think the second aracane shield came from someone using a personally blessed shield on a different char, but eitherway, I didn't pay for it. Yay.

I was at the top of my game, and having fun. One night I was messing about with lego from NDR and Woflborg, both irc friends. Wofl had collected a lot of shitty armour with lower mana cost and mana regen. I think at the time there was no cap, or maybe there was but it was something like 50. We tested it out and it was insane. I think Wofl quit soon after that, and he gave me his account. I used what I could and bought some more up, and I think I was the first person to really use LMC in pvp. I actually had so much that I swapped some out for stuff with better resist, the difference it made was only in being able to chain cast earthquake a few less times, but still crazy amount. It was mental. Soon after this EEV had a RL meet, and it was there that we talked about the idea of using my LMC suit together with chiv on a mage. And that was the start of possibly the lamest template ever, which was soon copied (although never replicated to such a lame degree).

When i got home from the meet I started training chiv on Donnelley, my factioner. When chiv was done (I think i took it to 105, which was the level needed to never fail holy light), i tested it out and it was crazy. I could cast a stupid amount of holy lights in a row. I wanted to test it on someone so went to yew gate and the first person I ran into was mUTANT, one of the only guys on the shard to have fc4 and SDI.

As I write this I realize that this was before I had an orny or arcane shield, because I remember laughing at how easily I could kill this FC4 guy. Normally to kill him I had to use para blow and mortal and if my specials missed I'd have to wait for mana to come back up, because he could easily heal through my dumps with his high FC. But I think my combo was literally something like explo mortal holy light holy light holy light etc etc and he died super quick.

I knew this was lame, but it was incredibly effective. I tried not to use it when I didn't need too, but as I was almost always solo (most of you guys didn't play factions) I was regularly fighting 1 v 10 vs com or TB. My divide and conquer tactics were becoming less effective in factions because everyone now knew not to fight Donnelley alone, and it actually reached the stage where I would change my clothes and incog when I ran around magincia or brit.

This picture shows the effectiveness of the template (please note uoam, I was alone)

And this picture shows how I died

Note the white moongate in my pack? A bola. I always had my own idea of what was an acceptable level of cheating! I never once use a script for pvp but had no problem macro training or running a script to collect bods. Likewise, I changed the graphic of bolas to moongates so that I could easily see them when they were on the floor and I could pick them up.

I kept on PK'ing, and when I was bored, tried to hold events. This one was one called "Catch Merlark". If anyone could kill me I would hand over a prize to them (EGO MORE?!?). This screen came in the middle of a 2v1.

BTW, I didn't die!
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

ubeste. Moved mine so it's not in the middle. Should post some more about Drach days VENT LEADER!

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

zole, how dare you. I was friended to your brit gate house and I knew you as Adrian also :( fu :evil:

Also, your bottom comment about white moongates, reminds me the time you had the blue backpack hue and Pio cried on the forums for ages about how much of a cheat you were. I still have that screenshot somewhere, so glad I kept all my old hard drives.
No to U

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

I think it was green not blue!

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

IT MATTERS
Down with Scotland

Carabel
Cookie Monster
Location: I'm not telling you! what if your a cookie thief who wants to steal my cookies and make me cry :(

Post by Carabel »

Not mentioned!

Made for good reading tho!

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Are you really not mentioned at all Cara? That's what you get for disappearing!

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

Zole, you should end each paragraph with "needless to say, I had the last laugh..."

(Alan partridges book)
No to Scottish existence.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

Ingo wrote:Zole, you should end each paragraph with "needless to say, I had the last laugh..."

(Alan partridges book)
I WAS GOING TO BUT THEN I REALIZED IT WAS NEEDLESS.

Ingo
Author of "Stripper Assassin"

Post by Ingo »

That's the point you WEAPON.

Actually read it properly this time, it's really good! I had no idea that's where joe came from. I assume he just owed most of us a round so we had to guild him to keep tabs on him.

You missed out the bit where you let cyric beat you because you misunderstood the meaning of CHARITY TOURNAMENT.
No to Scottish existence.

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

havent reached drach yet!

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

im fairly sure i killed you atleast twice on storm

im trying to remember when i changed ghost from thief to stealth pk, i know i got a good 6-8 months out of him terrorizing the elder gazer room.

Trying to think what happened to s!s as well. I had completely forgotten about it

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

im fairly sure i killed you atleast twice on storm

im trying to remember when i changed ghost from thief to stealth pk, i know i got a good 6-8 months out of him terrorizing the elder gazer room.

Trying to think what happened to s!s as well. I had completely forgotten about it