Favourite games list(Not done this for a while!)

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Re: Favourite games list(Not done this for a while!)

Post by Calix »

Zim Zum wrote:
The Amiga in general was such an awesome gaming machine: Cannon Fodder, Apidya, Turricane, New Zealand Story, Lemmings, Chaos Engine, Gauntlet 2, Magic Pockets, Xenon 2, Rainbow Islands, Rampage, Red baron, Sensible Soccer, Settlers, Syndicate, Test Drive, Theme Park, Ultima 6 etc etc.
Had pretty much all of those on the ST. Quality games.

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Yeah my memory is hazy but weren't the ST and 500 basically identical?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Yeah. Couldn't tell much difference for most games. I think the argument was that ST was better for audio and Amiga had the edge graphically. Amiga got new titles for a year or so after they stopped releasing anything on the ST though. Eye of the Beholder 2 didn't make it to the ST, couple of other good games as well.

I had a fight in year 6(1991) over which was best. I'm so fucking tough.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

OMG, Xenon 2 - it had that theme tune by Bomb the Bass.
Loved it so much - bitmap brothers did some really good games.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

Calix wrote:
Zim Zum wrote:
The Amiga in general was such an awesome gaming machine: Cannon Fodder, Apidya, Turricane, New Zealand Story, Lemmings, Chaos Engine, Gauntlet 2, Magic Pockets, Xenon 2, Rainbow Islands, Rampage, Red baron, Sensible Soccer, Settlers, Syndicate, Test Drive, Theme Park, Ultima 6 etc etc.
Had pretty much all of those on the ST. Quality games.
Loved all of those such awesome games!
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Knights of the Sky > Red Baron

Padaxus

Post by Padaxus »

ha i had to get a new pc once as k o t sky wouldnt run on it. my smartphone would run it now. hilarious good game though im sure i still have it somewhere.

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

UFO: Enemy Unknown, quality game. played alottttt
Carmageddon was quality aswell. I remember a similar game, but i only got it working now and then, think it was called Quarantine, driving a taxi, running people over
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Padaxus

Post by Padaxus »

Winder wrote:UFO: Enemy Unknown, quality game. played alottttt
Carmageddon was quality aswell. I remember a similar game, but i only got it working now and then, think it was called Quarantine, driving a taxi, running people over
UFO is on steam you can buy it cheapness!

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

The globe spins too quickly though.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

senji

Post by senji »

So while this is not any kind of complete list figured I'd post a cpl of games on here (obviously forgetting a ton of games I've played over the years).

Alpha Centauri

- I've never gotten into the Civilization series of games, but this one clicked with me. The game having a sci-fi setting is probably what drew me in at the time. For a game in the strategy genre it had some good writing too, the descriptions in the tech tree, the factions ect. I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing the game, I think anyone who has gotten into the Civ series knows the "just one more turn" effect.

Grim Fandango

- My favourite adventure game. Great characters, art direction and story. One of the few games I actually go back and play every few years, always with a walkthrough though, some of the puzzles are just too, well adventure game puzzle like.

Baldur's Gate

- Probably the first RPG I played on the computer, well maybe not, there was Moonstone on the Amiga, but one of the first anyway! I absolutely loved exploring in this game, the map felt huge and the world was open in the sense that you could go to a lot of places even if you didn't progress the main story very far. I don't think I actually ever finished the main story in this game even though I spent a ton of time playing it. Trying out different characters and party combinations was probably where most of that time went. Also this was one of my first experiences in identifying loot, I loved casting that identify spell on items and then reading the small tidbits there would be about the history of the item.

Ultima Online

- Not much needed to say here. Probably 95% of the most amazing online gaming moments I've experienced come from this game. You've all played it so you know. I could pick any of the hundreds of screenshots I took of the game and there would be a story to tell.

Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

- This is one of those games that opened my mind to what was actually possible in video games and what the future might be like. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but this game, probably more than the movies sparked some of that fandom. Just starting out running the family delivery business (in space), then getting roped into working for the rebels and flying their ships. While the space combat was certainly very cool, just the fact that you could fly your ship amidst the fleet maneuvering between these absolutely massive space ships was amazing.

Mirror's Edge

- One of my favourite things in video games is movement. Grappling and parachuting around in Just Cause 2, climbing and gliding in Infamous or just running around as the scout in TF2 are all things that let me explore the space in the game world in a fun way. Learning new shortcuts and pathways or just enjoying the sense of speed doing things I'd never be able to experience anywhere else is exhilarating. Mirror's Edge is amazing at this. It took me awhile to learn the system and controls in the game, but once I did the experience of free running in the game became so enjoyable. The game also isn't afraid to use strong colours which is super refreshing. The city, while mostly void of people (only baddies are around) and not really as open as I'd like it to be is one my favourite places I've "been to" in video games in recent years.

Half-Life 2

- Only story (in video games) that has left me wanting to know what happens next.

There is a bunch of stuff like Team Fortress Classic/2, WoW, Torchlight that I could write about, but I need breakfast so maybe later.

helena

Post by helena »

My list. Not in favorite list how I feel now, but what I played most in hours

1. UO
2. WOW
3. Quake 2
4. Civ4
5. Sims
6. Oblivion/Morrowind
7. Red Alert
8. All the old Sierra adventure games
9. Might and Magic III (old game)
10. Zoo tycoon