What games are you playing?

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Benn

What games are you playing?

Post by Benn »

This is a bit of a follow-on type thread from the favourite games thread. Basically, what games are you playing at the moment? Just include anything you're playing reasonably regularly, and keep the list to 3 games or so max!

Mine:

1. Starcraft 2 - I'll count this as playing although I spend more time watching games and tournaments than actually in-game!

2. Team Fortress 2 - On and off, it's the most consistent casual game I play

3. ...actually I can't think of a third. A few single-player games on and off, nothing specific!

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Fatalist »

1) Mount and Blade - this game seems to suck up consecutive weekends often at the moment, though I think I am nearing a lapse. It's a bit UO-ish in the sense that I'll probably pick it up in about 4-6 months for a few weeks and remember why I got bored of it

2) LoL - though this has been quiet for the last week or so, not seen anyone around.

3) ... also struggling to think of a 3rd.. I guess L4D2 but this again is just something I jump on when a few of you are around. Quite enjoyed our blast on it a few weeks ago.

I'm seriously craving some MMO action, or at least something we can get stuck into and actually level up/progress. Doesn't even have to be that good, just not 100% pvm led, and must allow for some form of pvp/griefing. Suggestions welcome - perhaps a few of you (HI TOKI) might have something in mind you've fancied trying we can rinse a few weeks on?
Down with Scotland

Poom_of_PALADIN

Post by Poom_of_PALADIN »

1 ) Age of empires 2 + expansion
there is a program called Game ranger http://www.gameranger.com/ which makes it easy to find games online. There is a 'portable' version out of aoe which needs no install I can maybe find a link to if anyone wants, there is no cd key checks so it works online too

2) Limbo on ps3, arty and gay and fun

3) bit of quake live though it's not looking as active at the moment

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

I'd be well up for some AoK - we used to play that shitloads but gave up because of problems with the multiplayer dropping players etc, and half of us couldn't get it working with Hamachi either.

Definitely keen for that, post any other details mate.
Down with Scotland

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

fm2012

heroes of might and magic 6

some lol

- also awaiting i-c's next mmo adventure, i want to die alot to skeletons and pvpers with the ability of ozlandarrrr

Poom_of_PALADIN

Post by Poom_of_PALADIN »

Cool fatal, I am on that gameranger thing occasionally so add me if you want a game, my nickname is just Poom

i tried to use hamachi too and found it fiddly,but game ranger makes it really easy

this is the aoK version i use , just download and look in the age2x_1 directory for the exe to use

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sy9nrn

if u make games on gameranger make sure you say your playing version 1.0 in the title cause thats the version above and you cant update it unless you have the full version i dont think

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Wish I could still get into AoK, it seems shit after playing CoH though. It's the cover system mostly I think.

I'm playing

Red Orchestra 2
Dirt 3
FM2011

Probably going to buy Skyrim.

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

WoW and thats it, can't remember the last time I played another game for longer than an hour.
No to U

Lady Redname
WAR ME HOMO

Post by Lady Redname »

still playing lol but my con is to unpredictable for any real games

currently playing alpha protocol as well

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

FM2011 is the only game I have played for more than a few days this year; that and RIFT (which I cancelled after the first month was up).
Signatures broken since 2009...

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I'm currently playing Forza 4 which is excellent and League of Legends purely because it's addictive rather than enjoyable.

Just finished Gears of War 3 which was good fun, I like the multiplayer but not getting hooked up on it in anticipation of Modern Warfare 3 due in a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking forward to Elder Scrolls 5.
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Kristoff
Kristoff/Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

FM2011
gonna get uncharted 3 tonight
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/ickristoff/Carnivax.jpg[/img]
** Carnivax - Playstation3** \ \[^ . ^]/ /

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I got fm 2012 yesterday and can't say it's really that much different.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

Ok so Forza and LOL are on the backburner since Modern Warfare 3 came out. I still can't decide if I like it, but they added a new shit talk feature where you can hear people on the other team talk for 5 seconds after you kill them.

Hearing people shout fucking cunt, hacking bastard and your mum brings me back that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when playing UO so keeps it entertaining.

But I have Skyrim sitting waiting to be open, and notice a lot of the I-C boys already spending hours on this, so I think I will have to lose myself to that for a couple of months, especially now I've been dumped!
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Can you stay away from women for a while now? Be nice to see you in IRC more than twice a month! Skyrim = fucking amazing. Best game I've played in a long long time.