Diablo III - no spoilerz pls

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Diablo III - no spoilerz pls

Post by Fatalist »

Who's getting it on release? I haven't bought it yet, but definitely will if a few heroes are on it and want to absolutely smash it particularly next weekend.
Last edited by Fatalist on Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Down with Scotland

Benn

Re: Diablo III

Post by Benn »

Ordering from Amazon now. Half the price of battle.net lolz

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Yeah I want to get it from Amazon too - though not sure if it will arrive on release day, or be shipped on release day? Not that it really matters, I won't get to play it much until the weekend but just out of interest.
Down with Scotland

Benn

Post by Benn »

Amazon will get it to you on the release day, they're pretty good like that.

Might take an extra day or so for me

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I pre-ordered the CE but judging by demand I might stick that straight on ebay and get a normal copy.

I stopped following news on this about 10 years ago, just assuming it's going to be great but know nothing about the multiplayer. Is it basically the same as Diablo II whereby you can complete the main quest together and do a bit of pvp?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Yeah think that's pretty much how it works. You can jump into each others games at any point I believe and the monster difficulty adjusts to balance.
Down with Scotland

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

I'm really excited about it now after seeing how many other people in I-C are getting it. Are we planning some major gaming next weekend?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

Yeah I'm definitely up for it. Don't think any of us will get particularly far in the evenings next week but we could always re-roll if necessary. I'm gona stock up on convenience food beer and coffee and smash it for 2 days straight! Haven't done that in a while, nearest was skyrim I played for 18 hours over the 2 days but I aim to beat that.
Down with Scotland

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

likely to be lots of cool info about multiplayer here - http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comment ... ayer_work/

including
When you start a game you'll be given the choice to group up by what quest you have already done. This is capped to 4 ppl per game.

Every time a new person joins a game the monsters get harder but you get more exp. it's worthwhile gettin more people since the xp bonus outweighs the difficultly if everyone can fight.

There is individual loot and u won't see other ppl loot.

You can put passwords on the game you make so you can invite ppl to join.
Down with Scotland

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

What difficulty do you guys reckon you'll play on? Does it make a difference for grouping up etc? I'll probably start on Nightmare (it goes Normal>Nightmare>Hell>Inferno) but tempted by Hell to get bettr itemz. Would probably like to enjoy the game and the story more the first play through so am leaning towards nightmare.

Infact, not even sure if you can play anything other than normal to start, seems your character levels up through the acts and you are 60(ish) by the end of Hell, inferno starts at monster level 61 (where 60 is player cap) and increases from there, and is meant to be fookin solid.
Last edited by Fatalist on Thu May 10, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Down with Scotland

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

this has all the info you can need for now - http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_Basics
Down with Scotland

Toki
Drive-by Reskiller

Post by Toki »

You have to play on normal first to unlock the other difficulties, Nightmare will be tuned for a player that has completed the game on normal.
[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6rpqma.jpg[/IMG]

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

yeah just realised that when reading more, and edited original post. Ah well, the boss and miniboss fights were still reasonably challenging in beta.
Down with Scotland

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Just found out my move date has been put back a week so I'll probably get this to play with you cuntz

Fatalist
POO ELEMENTAL

Post by Fatalist »

ready to lose another few years of your life clx?

maybe the game that will wean us all of diablo will be UO2...
Down with Scotland