And so it finally happened

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Villa
Devon Knows

And so it finally happened

Post by Villa »

I went to an assessment day the other week.
It was an 'Apprentice' style interview thing with a load of us starting off the day, and a number of people being rejected at intervals as the day progressed.
But anyway, one of the things we had to do was stand up and give a short talk about our line management experiences.
One of the guys stood up and spent two minutes telling us how he and his wife run a guild on the bloodhammer (?) server in WoW.
When one of the assessors questioned the relevance, he explained how it is much harder to organise a raid of people you don't know into a tightly-knit unit that all pulls together for the common good (epics I presume) when compared to known people who are working in office for real life cash.
He further explained how he sets objectives and attempts to encourage guild members 'career' progress and it pleases him when individuals produce tangible results (such as a major upgrade to their attack power or something).
When asked what was his outstanding achievement, he laughed and said either the additional friends he has made as a result of real-life meetups, or taking down <some boss whose name I don't recall> on expert difficulty...

The guy did not return after the lunch break.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Re: And so it finally happened

Post by Night »

I'd hire him

zole
ladyboycrush.com

Post by zole »

minus 50dkp tbh
[img]http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/deeaaaaaaad.jpg[/img]

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

rofl.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I think the point being that I've been saying for a number of years that it is only a matter of time before you can start using internet forum skills and gaming experience in an interview.
For what it's worth, I thought this guy was brave to come out the closet as it were.
Unfortunately for him, one of the assessors was a woman who was neither fat nor nerdy.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

yeh, its abit like my poker history, which despite being massively sucessful, i would never mention in an interview due to the fact that somebody is bound to go "OMG GAMBLING PROBLEMZ U NEED GAMBLERS ANON"

Calix
MOTODEAMON

Post by Calix »

Mercury wrote: poker history

Mercury
[Trial, I-C]

Post by Mercury »

bit like your pokeher history clx (her being any female who has a pulse)

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

I personally think it is an outrage that gaming is considered lowbrow and dubious in most places in the western hemisphere.
There is nothing wrong with it, and any "achievement" in gaming is equal in value to a similar one outside.
My guild leader in WoW towards the end was an amazing leader. He would have been an amazing leader in any company you care to mention, and the fact that he was so in some guild in some game should firmly assess that the potential is within him to be an asset, not that he is some asocial nerd not fit for a job.

Fuck outdated stereotypes and predjudices.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"