Football Fans

We've got a rune marked in your mum's bedroom.

Moderators: Benn, Calix, senji

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Football Fans

Post by Zim Zum »

We've got a broad international readership on this forum so I'm curious to know if this is happening across Europe or just in the UK.

Football dropped to an all new low in this country over the weekend. In one match a newly appointed manager was booed by his team's fans before a ball was even kicked, and abused to a disgusting level despite getting a good result.

Another match featured anti semitic chanting against Spurs in the week that some of their fans were attacked in Rome for "possibly being Jewish."

I'm a big football fan, I support Liverpool and I'm also a season ticket holder for Brighton in the Championship and I love going to the games. Watching football reminds me of how life must have been like in Roman times when the mob mentality ruled and crowds gathered in stadiums to cheer on the death and mutilation of others many of whom were only guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It seems symbolic to me of how crass and shambolic, selfishly cuntastic people in general are becoming now where everyone expects instant gratification at no cost to themselves and fuck everyone else.

So is it just Britain or everywhere else too?
NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Villa
Devon Knows

Re: Football Fans

Post by Villa »

There is irony in Spurs fans taking offence at people calling them Yids, when they themselves call themselves the Yid Army and are happy to use the word in their own chants and songs.
It's like the whole NIGGER thing isn't it? It's ok to use the term if you are black.

Instant gratification? I think it goes hand in hand with the mentality of modern footballers. They stop taking major interest in their profession once they've got their first Ferrari. They are just in it for the money, hence I think there is a link to the attitude of football supporters in return. They see massive wages being paid, so they expect something in return in very little time. I don't blame them.

Also, every footballer is a cheating cunt.

Also, I rarely see trouble at Villa Park other than when Birmingham City turn up. Oh and when Man United fans sneak into the home areas and accidentally cheer when their team scores.
I think trouble in this country has died down massively from when I used to go in the 80s. Massive difference. However, I think it has escalated in the rest of Europe.
I was chatting to some IRL Germans from Germany the other day and they mentioned the rise of football hooliganism over there, along with far right elements.
Signatures broken since 2009...

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

Norwegian Football is rubbish, so i can't comment on it from a football point of view, but im involved with a certain group of people here in Oslo that belong on the far left side when it comes to politics.
Theres been a few episodes with neonazis lately, and with alot of shit going on with radical muslims the recruiting to far right extremist groups has certainly bloomed.
I've also been reading some websites, and atleast from a Norwegian point of view racism and "fear of the unknown" is more visible now than it has been for 15-20 years.
[img]http://www.uded.net/uo/Windar/catsig2.gif[/img]

Night
fIlThY cUnT

Post by Night »

Villa wrote:I was chatting to some IRL Germans from Germany

Belgarion
FISSURE OF WOE

Post by Belgarion »

Its not just the UK, no.

Extremely short version of probable reason:

When the chips are down, extremeist opinions blossom and gain following it had not previously enjoyed.
With these opinions becoming more (for lack of a better word) commonplace, a lot of people become desensitized when it comes to dealing with possibly inflammatory issues.
I-Cers about my joining I-C:
Clx: "risk", "what? dont", "I`ll object"
Future: "fucked up"
Villa: "dirty and unclean"
senj: "guildhopper"

Zim Zum
DAS PROBLEM

Post by Zim Zum »

NEVER enter Felucca.
In time, Felucca will die AND evil will die with it

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

Probably seems like it's getting worse but it's certainly not the levels of the 80's.

Despite what has happened to my club and the sheer hatred that surrounds it all, there has been next to no trouble from any side but there is a huge dissatisifaction with the game north of the border. Money has pretty much ruined football.

Belg probably summed it up.
No to U

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

No; you summed it up better:

Money has pretty much ruined football.

Kzar

Post by Kzar »

Winder wrote:Norwegian Football is rubbish, so i can't comment on it from a football point of view, but im involved with a certain group of people here in Oslo that belong on the far left side when it comes to politics.
Theres been a few episodes with neonazis lately, and with alot of shit going on with radical muslims the recruiting to far right extremist groups has certainly bloomed.
I've also been reading some websites, and atleast from a Norwegian point of view racism and "fear of the unknown" is more visible now than it has been for 15-20 years.
In my experience, it's essentially the same here in Sweden.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

All you Scandinavian countries are going through what Britain did in the 70s.
Britain leading the way with others trying hard to follow in the footsteps, be it football hooliganism; racial intolerance or whatever.
Difference is that when other countries start experiencing it, Britain has already moved onto some new despicable thing.

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

lol?

Stuff that happens here is very relevant in England aswell with EDL.

Villa
Devon Knows

Post by Villa »

I'm saying you guys generally experience stuff a couple of years after we do.
We seem to be at the cutting edge of new anti-social bull shit.

I vaguely recall some documentary where some foreign (possibly Serb scum?) hooligans were talking about their admiration of British football hooliganism culture to the point of emulation.

Padaxus
Berkshire chainsaw massacre

Post by Padaxus »

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/AlieBarnes/Korea1.jpg[/img]

Nixon
AFRIKA KORPS

Post by Nixon »

I saw that the other day, not sure why it's suddenly making news again though. It's the same stance they've had for years. A load of shite none the less.
No to U

Winder
VIKING BOAT MUSEUM

Post by Winder »

Yah, that stuff made headlines when they signed Hulk and that other guy from Porto. Teammates refusing to talk to them because they were foreigners.
Anyway, the 80's and 90's and even early 2000's were bad here in norway when it came to Nazis and racism in general.
Had a lot of nazis in Oslo, many of them were involved in football. The last 10 years it has kind of been quiet, but seems like a few events have caused it to catch wind again.